|2019 Recycler's List Republic Quick Recycle Guide
Republic Recycle Don'ts
E-Waste Recycling Tire Recycling Hazardous & Electronic
Recycle Drop Off Sites
City of Maumee Recycling Regulations
- Aluminum beverage cans, food cans
- Plastics; water bottles, soda bottles and (#1, 2, 4, 5 & 7)
- Newsprint, envelopes, phone books, magazines, junk mail and office paper
- Cardboard - corrugated and single layer (such as cereal boxes) flattened, cut to size to fit into Toter
- Glass containers - bottles and jars of clear, brown or green glass, unbroken
- Your recyclables will be picked up on the same day as your regular trash pick-up. Collections shall be made between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Recycling pick-up is collected at the same location as the Refuse.
- Co-mingle glass, plastic, paper, cardboard, and metals in the Toter.
- All cardboard boxes should be flattened to fit into the Toter.
- Rinse all containers, remove lids from glass containers and discard.
- Remove labels from metal cans. It is not necessary to remove them from plastic or glass.
- Do not break glass containers. Broken glass is not recyclable and poses a danger.
- Newsprint should be kept dry. Wet newspapers are not recyclable.
- Recycling reduces the amount of normal refuse going to the landfills, so recycle as much as possible.
- Shop for items that come in recyclable containers. The best way to reduce solid waste is to avoid creating it in the first place.
ITEMS NOT RECYCLABLE AT THE PRESENT TIME:
- Styrofoam plastic (egg cartons, meat trays, fruit-vegetable packaging)
- Aerosol Cans
- Aluminum Foil
- Unmarked plastics, #3 or #6
- Wire coat hangers
- Auto Tires or Auto Parts
- Bio-Hazardous Waste
- Electronic Waste
- Plastic Bags
- Shredded Paper
Refuse & Recycle Alley Adjustments
2019 Holiday Collection Schedule
**All pickups are on Tuesday as scheduled.
There will no longer be refuse pick up in the alleys on streets East of Michigan Avenue. Instead the new toters for refuse and recycling will need to be placed at the street for pick up.
For residents with alleys in the uptown area as well as on Indiana, Clinton and Sackett, alley pick up will continue. New refuse and recycle toters should be placed for pick up in the alley, while yard waste bags will still be picked up at the street.