REFUSE, RECYCLE & YARD WASTE BAG TIPS
- Please report issues with toters or yard waste bags not being emptied or picked up by Wednesday morning at the latest to Republic or Public Service so arrangements can be made for Republic to come back Wednesday afternoon. There is no guarantee of pickup after Wednesday.
- Toters should always be placed out before 7:00 AM on day of pick up or the evening before. Routes can be different every week and this will reduce missed pick-ups.
- Furniture, TV’s, mattresses, appliances, carpet, and other large items are defined as “bulk items” and require a “bulk tag”. These tags can be purchased at Churchill’s or Rite Aid in Maumee for $15 for one (1) or three (3) for $30. They must be attached and visible to the driver for pick up and you must contact Republic to schedule pick up of the bulk item (800-234-3429).
- Please try to avoid getting furniture and mattresses wet if possible. Soaked bulk items make pick up for drivers very difficult and may delay pick up.
- If you have additional bags that will not fit in your black trash tote you may place them next to the tote for pick up if you purchase “bag tags” at Churchill’s or Rite Aid in Maumee for $3.50 each. They must be attached and visible to the driver for pick up.