Residential Services

Water Bills and Payments

Home > Residential Services > Utilities > Payments & Bills

**Homestead reduction qualifiers will pay $66.82 for a minimum bill of 5,000 gallons or less.  You must apply and qualify with the Lucas County Auditor’s office first.**

Payment for Service

The billing rate schedule for water & sewer services is available upon request from the Division of Utility Billing office. The minimum quarterly charge is $74.25, which covers the first 5,000 gallons of water and sewer. The minimum monthly charge for service is $24.74. Payment may be made by mail or in person during regular work hours at 400 Conant Street, Maumee, Ohio 43537-3374. After regular work hours, payment (checks only) may be placed in the night drop-box, located by the door at the Dudley Street entrance. Payment may be by cash, check, or money order. No two-party or post-dated checks will be accepted. Checks that are returned by the City's depository bank for insufficient funds or other reasons are considered "unpaid". They are subject to a $30.00 Returned Check charge and may be turned over to the Police for prosecution.       



       Click on the "UTILITY CONNECT" link below (CLICK HERE red button).
            Pay Utility Balances and view your Utility Account history and verify payment credits.

 (Account Information must contain all CAPITAL LETTERS and Account Number must contain an *, no spaces or dashes.)


Questions for Utility Department
Phone: 419-897-7125

 income tax_cc's clip_image002WE ACCEPT VISA, MASTERCARD & DISCOVER CARDS ~NO FEES~

The City of Maumee Utility Division now accepts credit / debit card payments.
Payments can be made at the Utility Division counter or by calling the Utility office
at (419) 897-7127 with credit card information.
Questions? Call us - Utility Division Phone: (419) 897-7125


DIRECT PAYMENT is also offered through this office. You may pick up an application at the Utility Billing Office or by clicking on

Direct PaymentWhat is Direct Payment? This is a service offered by utilities and billers, in partnership with financial institutions (banks, savings and loans and credit unions).  You, the customer will simply complete the authorization form that will allow us to collect, on a recurring basis, the amount of the bill from your checking or saving account as an Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment. 

How Does it Work?                     
1) Customer completes the authorization form or sign up by internet.
2)  Biller reviews the banking information and sets the customer up for the service.
3)  Biller sends a bill, 10 days or more before the payment is due. You can review your bill and if its OK, payment will be made automatically.
4) Biller requests payment from your financial institution on the DUE DATE.
5) Payment is posted to your account and appears on your monthly banking statement. "Why Use it" or "What's in it for Me"? It's safe and secure, it saves time and money, no postage to pay, bill is paid for you, still receive a bill, no checks to write, no trips to the bank, can't forget to pay, always paid on tine, convenience, reduces City's operating costs.

Bills Issued for Water/Sewer Service

Water/Sewer bills are issued quarterly in residential areas and monthly in commercial areas and for large volume users. Water meters are read quarterly or monthly as described above, and a bill is issued by the end of that month. If the bill is not paid by the 15th of the next month, a duplicate bill with a 10% delinquency charge is issued. If the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day is the effective date. If the bill still is unpaid, a letter is sent requesting payment and offering a payment plan if full payment is not possible. Agreements to pay overdue bills must be made in person at the Division of Utility Billing office by the 15th of the month. 

Turn-off Process

If the bill still remains unpaid, a telephone system will alert you of a turn off date and amount due. If the account holder responds prior to turn-off, the full balance must be paid to retain service. If service is discontinued for failure to pay a bill, the total balance due plus a turn-on charge of $75.00 must be paid in full before service will be restored. Furthermore, no claim for damage will be considered from said shutoff of water. 

When moving, be sure to notify the Division of Utility Billing or the charges will continue. Upon notification, we will read the meter and mail a final bill to your forwarding address. The Division of Utility Billing will undertake to deliver bills for water/sewer service by depositing same in the Post Office. However, failure to receive the bill will not relieve the customer from his/her obligation in payment of said bill. If you believe that you should have received a bill, you may call 419-897-7125 at any time to get your current balance due.